1. Business Core: 30 credits
ACC 201, 202, 300; BLAW 200; BUS 310, 320; ECON 130, 131; MGT 310; and MKT 300.
2. Information Technology Core: 21 or 22 credits
ICS 110 or ICS 169, ICS 111 (4 credits) or ICS 184, ICS 200 or ICS 171, ICS 320, ICS 360, ICS 385, and ICS 418.
3. General Education: 27 credits
COM 459; ENG 209, 316; Hawaiian Emphasis; HIST 152; HUM 400; PHIL 323; PSY 100 or SOC 100; SP 251 or equivalent oral communication.
4. Co-op Internship Project: 3 credits or Upper/Lower Division Electives: 3 credits
A 3-credit BUS 393v cooperative ed project is optional. Students can opt for a lower or upper division elective.
5. Capstone Course: 6 credits
BUS 495 and 496 to be taken the last year with approval of the ABIT Committee.
6. Natural Science: 4 credits
Four credits including a lab.
7. Writing Intensive: 12 credits
Minimum of 12 credits of writing intensive courses at the 100-level or higher; at least 3 credits in 100-299 level courses; and at least 6 credits in 300-level or higher.
8. Minimum of 121 non-repeated qualifying credit hours: ABIT majors are required to earn a letter grade (e.g., A,B,C, etc.) in all upper division courses required for the ABIT program.
9. Grade Point Average:
At least a 2.0 UH Maui College cumulative GPA, as well as a 2.5 GPA in courses required for the ABIT major. Grade C or better is required in all upper division courses applied to the ABIT degree.
10. Graduation Requirement:
To be awarded the BAS degree, students must complete an Application for Graduation form obtained from Student Services. See Academic Calendar for deadline.
11. Residency Requirement:
A minimum of 30 credit hours must be taken at UH Maui College and a minimum of 8 upper division courses (24 credits) in Business or Information Technology including the Capstone course.
12. Upper/Lower Division Electives: 12 credits. Courses can be 1xx to 4xx levels.
13. Lower Division Electives: 9 credits. Students wishing to pursue graduate students should consider taking Calculus I as a lower division elective.