You must be 18 years of age by the first day of instruction, a high school graduate or have received a GED.
1. Review Application Deadline and Residency Status
- Generally, UHMC’s application deadlines are August 1 for the Fall Semester and December 15 for the Spring Semester. However, application deadlines for general college admission, international students and selective admission programs may vary.
- Check your Residency Status for Tuition
- Review the UHMC tuition and payment deadlines.
2. Submit an application
- Apply online
- Download an application. When completed, mail or drop it off in person to the Admissions & Records Office (Ho’opika Building).
To apply for Fall or Spring Semesters: PDF application
- Summer Session
- Supplementary Form for International Students
3. Receive your Decision Letter
For general admissions, notification will be sent within two weeks after the UH System Application and other required documents are received. During periods when a high volume of applications is being processed, notification of acceptance or rejection may be delayed.
4. Sign up for a UH account
This account is needed to register for classes, establishes your “hawaii.edu” email account and for is used for many other transactions.
Go to: MyUH portal
– Click on “Get a User Name” on the upper left to establish your account.
– Follow the directions on the web pages to get your user name and password.
5. Take the Placement Tests
The COMPASS Placement Tests are computer-based assessments of your ability in different subjects. It helps place you in English and Math courses in which you are most likely to succeed. Details on COMPASS.
6. Attend the New Student Orientation
To assist you in reaching your college goals, all students are required to participate in a New Student Orientation (NSO) session and to sign up for a counseling session. You will not be allowed to register for classes until you complete NSO and meet with a counselor.
More information on NSO.
7. Check out and apply for Financial aid
8. Visit a counselor for Academic Advising
9. Prepare for Registration
- Placement Test and Test Center
- Health Clearance Requirements
- Registering for Classes
- Finding Classes
- Attending Classes
- Buying Books
- Transfer credits to UHMC
- Transfer credits from UHMC
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (808) 984-3267 or toll free at (800) 479-6692 or stop by the Admissions & Records office (Ho’okipa Building)