How to Apply: Transfer Student
(completed credit at another college and never attended UH-Maui College)
1. Review Academic Deadlines and Residency Status
Residency Status for Tuition
2. Submit an application
Download an application. When completed, mail or drop it off in person to the Admissions & Records Office (Ho’okipa Building).
To apply for Fall or Spring Semesters: PDF application
3. Request a Transcript Evaluation
If you want the coursework at a previous college to be considered towards your academic goal at UHMC, your transcript(s) need to be reviewed. Evaluating previous college credits is optional unless you are planning to receive financial aid or Veterans Administration benefits. Learn about Transfer to UHMC and Transfer from UHMC.
1. Submit the Transcript Evaluation Request Form
2. Request all of the transcripts listed on the form be sent to the Admissions Office directly from the sending institution. Hand-carried, sealed transcripts are not accepted.
3. Be sure to declare UH-Maui College as your “home institution” on the UH application.
4. Receive your Decision Letter
You’ll receive a letter that informs you if your application has been accepted or denied. If accepted, the letter will also include important information on your first steps to enrolling. You will also receive information on New Student Orientation and a Welcome Booklet.
5. Sign up for a UH account
This account is needed to register for classes, establishes your “hawaii.edu” email account and for is used for many other transactions.
Go to: MyUH portal
- Click on “Get a User Name” on the upper left to establish your account.
- Follow the directions on the web pages to get your user name and password.
6. Determine if you need to take […]