How to Apply: Home Schooled High School Student
Academically, artistically, or vocationally accomplished home schooled applicants, 15 years of age or older, and not currently enrolled in a public, private, charter, or independent high school may be considered for UH-Maui College’s Home Schooled Early Admission Program.
To be considered for admission to the Early Admission Program, home schooled applicants must:
1. Complete and submit the UH Application Form.
- Running Start APP. When completed, mail or drop it off in person to the Admissions & Records Office along with all other required forms.
2. Complete and submit the Request for Home Schooled Early Admission Form-(need form).
3. Provide a valid copy of the State of Hawaii Department of Education’s Exceptions to Compulsory Education form (4140) -(need form).
4. Take the Placement Tests
The COMPASS Placement Tests are computer-based assessments of your ability in different subjects. It helps place you in English and math courses in which you are most likely to succeed. Details on Placement tests and Test Center.
5. Provide proof of MMR (2 shots) and TB clearance (dated no older than 1 year from the start of the term). See details on Health Clearance Requirements.
6. Write a personal statement explaining your expectations and goals for enrolling at UH-Maui College.
7. Submit all documents by the published application deadline.
- Academic deadlines
- Placement Test and Test Center
- Health Clearance Requirements
- Registering for classes
- Finding classes
- Attending classes
- Paying tuition and fees
- Buying books
- Transfer credits to UHMC
- Transfer credits from UHMC
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (808) 984-3267 or toll free at (800) 479-6692 or stop by the Admissions & Records office (Ho’okipa Building)