How to Apply: Returning Student
(completed credit at UHMC, but has been away for at least one semester)
1. Review Academic Deadline and Residency Status
2. Submit an application
- Apply online
- Download an application. When completed, mail or drop it off in person to the Admissions & Records Office (Ho’okipa Building).
To apply for Fall or Spring Semesters: PDF application
3. Receive your Decision Letter
You’ll receive a letter that informs you if your application has been accepted or denied. If accepted, the letter will also include important information on your first steps to enrolling. You will also receive information on New Student Orientation and a Welcome Booklet.
4. Check your UH account
This account is needed to register for classes and for is used for many other transactions.
Go to: MyUH
5. Determine if you need to take the COMPASS Placement Tests
If you have already completed college English or math courses with a C or better grade, please schedule an appointment with a counselor at (808) 984-3306. Details on COMPASS.
6. Attend the New Student Orientation (NSO)
NSO is required for all students. It’s a geat way to learn about the College, its programs, services and activities! After signing up/completing NSO, you’ll make an appointment with a counselor for academic advising and registration.
More info for NSO.
7. Check out and apply for Financial aid
8. Prepare for Registration
- Placement Tests and the Test Center
- Health Clearance Requirements
- Registering for classes
- Finding classes
- Attending classes
- Paying tuition and fees
- Buying books
- Transfer credits to UHMC
- Transfer credits from UHMC
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (808) 984-3267 or
toll free at (800) 479-6692 or stop by the Admissions & Records office (Ho’okipa Building) for help.