The University of Hawaii Maui College (UHMC) CareerLink strives to develop partnerships with businesses providing employment, internship and work-based opportunities for qualified students and alumni and provides an excellent opportunity for employers to gain access to Maui’s talented professionals.
As the bridge between the business community and education, we offer the following services.
- Free job posting
- Assistance in arranging on-campus recruitment
- Opportunity to participate in Maui College’s career and job fairs
- Opportunities to partner with education by:
- holding workshops to educate students about your company, your industry, hiring practices, model employee behavior and attitudes, and real working world issues
- offering experiential opportunities such as internships
- offering tours of your office or facility
- discussing other ideas with CareerLink staff
Our Policy on Posting Jobs and Internships
- Contacts must represent employers from legitimate businesses
- CareerLink will not post:
- One-day jobs (e.g. model/spokesperson; promoter; one-time special event staff).
- Network-or multi-level marketing jobs. These jobs are defined as positions with organizations that cannot guarantee a regular wage, and/or the employee has to pay to join and/or remain in the organization, and/or the employee conducts direct sales to potential customers.
- Jobs in or at a home.
- Jobs that require the applicant/employee to have a general excise tax license (independent contractors).
- UHMC CareerLink reserves the right to refuse service to any employer or business.