Mission: Computing Services is a service-oriented department that provides high quality technical support, computing systems and network infrastructure for the Maui College tri-island community.
Function: Computing Services plans, and obtains funding for, acquires, installs, and supports the appropriate/necessary equipment, software and communications for the education, training and use of suitable computer applications for instructional, academic and administrative support of the college’s tri-island community.
1. Implement the Computing Plan of Maui College.
2. Facilitate, locally, plans of the University of Hawaii Information Technology Services and IT Offices of the other colleges in the UH system.
3. Assess college computing needs.
4. Obtain funding for software, equipment and program support through budget requests and grant proposals.
5. Acquire and install software and equipment necessary for college computing infrastructure, including network and central servers for file service and printing.
6. Configure and maintain/repair network and server equipment and software that is required for infrastructure, including college web site.
7. Provide programming services to create unique systems or tailor purchased systems for campus-wide or system-wide use.
8. Provide advice and assistance in purchasing departmental and campus unit software, computers and peripherals.
9. Install and configure departmental and campus unit software and hardware.
10. Provide programming and server support/maintenance for departmental or campus-unit systems, such as Compass, Skills Bank, and student digital media file access.
11. Maintain and repair departmental and campus unit computing equipment and peripherals.
12. Inform and train faculty and staff in the use of software/hardware and new systems.