Follow the steps below to access potential future careers. This information will help when you meet your counselor to identify your major.
STEP 1. Find out what career is ideal for your type
Visit the Hawaii Industry Sectors Find My Career website. Click on “Find A Career Based On My Interest”, take the RIASEC quiz, then enter your 2-3 letter code in the spaces provided and click submit.
Prior to meeting your academic counselor, please have your career quiz RIASEC code and explore possible careers from the Hawaii Industry Sector website.
STEP 2. Explore the programs we offer at UH Maui College
Make a list of the programs you’re interested in. You are now ready to see your counselor.
Go to the PROGRAMS OF STUDY page to learn more about the different options you have.
Still not sure of your major or program of study? Sign up for an in-depth Career Assessment at https://goo.gl/forms/EmOpDxniZa3PxfUm2.
Dream Job Assessment & Planning
Don’t know what the dream job is, yet? No problem, let’s figure out your interests and career options.
- Identify occupations that fit your interests
- Devise a strategy such as selecting a college major and which classes to take
- Explore colleges and programs that are in line with your degree goals
- Research labor markets and trends.
These workshops are FREE. Registration is required.
• Friday, Sept 21,10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Ka‘aike 105CD (Register by Sunday Sept. 9)
• Friday, Oct 12, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Ka‘aike 105CD (Register by Sunday Sept. 30)
• Friday, Nov 16, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Ka Lama 103 (Register by Sunday Nov. 4)
• Friday, Sept 21, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – Lana‘i Education Center (Register by Sunday Sept. 9)
• Friday, Oct 12, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Moloka‘i Education Center (Register by Sunday Sept. 30)
- Juli Patao: email@example.com, 984-3348
- Wayne Aguiran: firstname.lastname@example.org, 984-3306
Graduating from college is a major life achievement. Career planning is a lifelong process that starts before you get to campus and continues while you are in college and beyond. Our goal is to provide you with lifelong tools and skills for professional development, job search success and career satisfaction. Learn what you can do each year in college to enhance your employability and jumpstart your career.
Career Counseling guides you through a decision making process so that you can:
- Identify occupations that fit your personality, skills, interests, values and learning styles.
- Explore career options.
- Research occupational fields.
- Devise a strategy to develop your career.
- Choose a college major.
- Explore colleges and programs.
- Find/transfer to colleges that are in line with your degree goals.
- Research labor markets and treads.
College Transfer Counseling
This process is often a blend of career, academic and personal counseling. You will need to discover the academic requirements for your field/profession and explore the options for associates, bachelor and advanced degrees.
You may be able to continue your education in Maui through the University Center or at another University of Hawaii campus. Other options may include transferring to a college that is part of the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE). Finding the right program and school is just the beginning. There are applications, admission requirements and transcript reviews.
Planning ahead will allow you to define a clear and detailed list of requirements for future degrees. With careful planning you can complete courses at UHMC that eventually transfer and fulfill requirements at another academic institution.