Are you getting ready to graduate? Don’t forget to complete the checklist below to ensure the proper steps for graduation.
- Check your STAR degree check to view your degree completion percentage. Also check to see if you have any holds. Clear any financial obligations before filing for graduation. Financial obligations will prevent you from applying for graduation until the balance is cleared.
- Schedule an appointment with your Counselor/Advisor to complete your graduation application paperwork by the required deadline (October for Fall graduates and March for Spring graduates). Make sure your contact information is correct on the application forms, and that you have filled out your name exactly as you want it printed on your degree/certificate. You may request your degree be printed in Hawaiian language in addition to English language. Additional charges apply for a Hawaiian language printed degree.
- Complete the CareerLink UH Maui College Graduate Survey.
- For Financial Aid loan recipients: Meet with the Financial Aid Counselor to complete a student loan repayment plan.
- Turn in your completed graduation application paperwork to the Cashier’s office to pay the graduation application fee. $15.00 for Bachelors and Associates degrees, and Certificates of Achievement. $2.00 for Certificates of Completion, Certificates of Competence and Academic Subject Certificates.
- Keep a copy of the receipt for your records and drop off a copy of the receipt to the counseling office to be filed with your student records.
- Grades will be verified and degrees certified in December/January for Fall graduates; and May/June for Spring graduates. Once your degree/certificate has been conferred it will be posted to your transcript and the degree/certificate will be ordered for printing. You will be contacted when your degree/certificate has arrived and is ready for pick up. (March/April for Fall graduates and July/August for Spring graduates.)
- Once notified that your degree/certificate is ready for pick up visit the UHMC Admissions and Records office to pick up your degree/certificate. Please note a valid photo ID (driver’s license, student ID) must be shown in order to pick up your degree/certificate.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY INFORMATION CHECKLIST:
- You will receive a graduation letter in April to participate in the Spring Commencement Ceremony held in May.
- Purchase your cap and gown at the UHMC Campus Bookstore in April.
- RSVP for the commencement ceremony and pick up your graduation tickets from the Student Life Office by the posted deadline indicated in the graduation letter. Please note each graduate will be given a limited number of tickets. Failure to pick up your tickets by the deadline will result in a forfeiture of the tickets.
- Attend the Commencement Ceremony rehearsal.
- Attend the Commencement Ceremony