The Construction Technology program prepares students in general building construction and maintenance of large or small structures. It allows students to explore different trades prior to selecting a specialization.Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Construction Technology Program, the student should be able to:
- Use and maintain appropriate materials, tools, equipment, and procedures to carry out tasks performed on construction projects according to safety and industry standards.
- Use math, computer, and oral and written communication skills to solve construction project problems.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of construction and maintenance projects.
- Describe industry standard Green Building practices in construction and maintenance projects.
- Read and interpret blueprints, and/or schematics, and specifications to plan projects.
- Demonstrate the craftsmanship standards of dependability, punctuality, and quality.
- Examine and use proper mechanical, electrical, and carpentry codes and standards applicable to construction and repair.