Frequently Asked Questions
Consider downloading a very good reference guide PDF from Dept of Energy’s Clean Cities Project. Below are FAQs from other reliable sources.
- Plug-in America, a nonprofit organization serving EV industry
- Ecotality answers questions
- California Cars Initiative answers questions
- EV Pilot Rates Commonly Asked Questions
Hawaiian Electric Company
One of the most frequently asked questions is — where are charging stations located? There is no SINGLE map that shows this. Instead, we link to the ones we know about below, including both searchable online maps and mobile applications.
- On Maui: charging stations available to the public on Bio-Beetle’s Map
- Hawaii State Energy Office/DBEDT keeps a list in alphabetical order PDF
- Department of Energy lists by type of station, searchable by zip code
- A free mobile application called Car Stations
- For Hawaii, Better Place is rolling out 120 charge points, the largest for Better Place in the USA and the largest deployment in Hawaii
- Carwings application that comes with the Nissan Leaf, see video
- Ford Focus Electric My Ford Touch, see video
- Chevrolet Volt comes with OnStar, see video
- EV charger locator iphone
Another FAQ is legislation on electric vehicles in Hawaii. ANSWER HERE
Apparently acronyms keep changing in this emerging market. Is a charger same as a charging station? See below.
- Acronyms and green glossary
- EV Acronyms and what they stand for — Go Electric Info Hub, Jan 2012
- Electric Car Jargon Buster — My Cool Electric Car
- Department of Energy Glossary – not just EVs
- Common EV and EV charging terms — APS Plugging in with EVs
- A simple list of acronyms — Go Electric Drive Glossary
- Types of EVs, facts about charging, FAQs — Tampa Electric
If the above does not whet your appetite, consider downloading one of the juicy reports below.
- Project Get Ready Resources indepth reports on batteries, infrastructure, signage, etc
- Plug-In Vehicle and Infrastructure Community Readiness Workshop webinar and case study
- Clean Cites Toolbox many useful reports, not just EV-related
Return to HOME page