Q: What about my textbooks?
A: Plan EARLY!
You are responsible to obtain your textbooks and supplies that you need to ensure that you have all the resources to fulfill your SAP requirements (see SAP-Satisfactory Academic Progress for what those requirements are).
UH Maui College Bookstore – Click Here
Textbook Tips –
- Refund time may vary, plan ahead.
- Start budgeting for textbooks. Books may range between $50-180 per class.
- Price them on the UH Maui College Bookstore website.
- Purchase them slowly. (Suggested to start at least 3 weeks before the semester starts)
- Purchase books for classes that are important earlier.
- Rent books (online or at the bookstore)
- Purchase “used” books – cheaper than “new”.
- Find out if instructor has their books on “hold” in the library. Sometimes, instructors put a copy of the textbook in the library. These copies are not allowed outside of the library.
- Find a study buddy and make copies from their textbook.
- Some classes do not require that you have your textbook on the first day of class. (Check with your instructor for details).