Going to college for the first time can be an overwhelming experience. That’s why we try to make it as easy as possible for you to take that first step toward college. So, whether you plan to transfer to a four-year university or complete your studies in two years, we can help you reach your goals.
If you already have a high school diploma or a GED, you’ve already completed the first step.
STEP 1. SUBMIT ONLINE APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION
Complete the Online Application
- For first time users, select Create a Login ID and PIN
- If you are a Hawaiʻi Resident or an active duty Military or eligible Military Dependent Stationed in Hawaiʻi there is no application fee
- To apply for the Military Non-Resident Exemption submit the following:
- Submit completed Armed Forces Verification Form [PDF]
- Submit a copy of Military Orders
- Dependents must also submit a copy of their Military Dependent ID
- There is a non-refundable $25 application fee for non-Hawaiʻi residents
- Information about Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Additional information for International Students
- Application deadlines (REMINDER! The following deadlines do not apply to International Students):
-Fall term: August 1
-Spring term: December 15
STEP 2. APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID (IF NEEDED)
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Online
If you need assistance with completing your FAFSA application on-line, please contact our Financial Aid Office at (808) 984-3277 to schedule an appointment with a peer mentor. Priority deadline for Financial Aid every year is March 1st (Fall) and October 1st (Spring). File prior to this date to qualify for the greatest amount of assistance, as some funds are limited.
STEP 3. HEALTH CLEARANCE
Submit a copy of your TB Clearance (less than a year old effective the first day of instruction) and a copy of your two Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) shots immunization record. This is REQUIRED before you can register for courses!! Health clearance documents should be mailed, brought in person or faxed to our Admissions and Records Office:
Admissions and Records Office
University of Hawaiʻi Maui College
310 W. Kaʻahumanu Ave.
Kahului, HI 96732
(808) 984-3872 (fax)
(808) 984-3267 (phone)
Once you are admitted, you’ll receive an acceptance letter in the mail. To take a peek at your next steps in getting started, check out “Get Registered”