“To build a stronger, economically diverse, and sustainable Maui Nui by supporting a value-added industry for locally grown and produced food.”
- Utilization of each harvest
- Locally produced food products
- Enhanced sustainability for our islands
- Less dependence on imports
- Ono (delicious) and affordable food!
Lou Cooperhouse, President and CEO of Food Spectrum. Lou is a leading global authority on business and product development within the food industry. He developed and served as Director of the Rutgers Food Innovation Center, a unique program awarded “Incubator of the Year” by the National Business Incubation Association (NBIA). The Rutgers program has inspired similar centers in other regions of the country and internationally.
A Food Innovation Network
The Food Innovation Center will serve as a hub for a variety of businesses, services, and organizations. By connecting producers, wholesalers, suppliers, retailers and consumers, we forge the missing link needed to support a thriving local food industry.
- Laulima Center: for technical assistance with cooperatives and financing of agricultural businesses