Application for Degree/Certificate: Graduation
To be awarded a diploma from the UH-Maui College, you must submit an Application for Graduation obtain from Student Life, Palina . We strongly recommended that you schedule a “Grad Check” appointment with a counselor at (808) 984-3306 or see Counseling Directory.
A non-refundable $15 fee is required for an Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement. If you are denied graduation, the fee may be applied to subsequent graduation applications. Proof of payment is required for the fee to be waived for subsequent semesters.
Applications for graduation will be denied if all requirements, including incompletes, have not been met by the end of the graduating semester. An “I” grade, regardless of the contingency grade assigned, is considered non-completion of a course. You will be eligible for graduation in the semester that the “I” grade has been changed and will be required to re-apply for graduation.
Deadlines for Fall 2013/Spring 2014 Commencement
- To have your name printed in the Commencement Program and to participate in the Ceremony: Pay fees at the Cashier’s Office by October 04 (Fall)/March 07 (Spring).
- Any “Application for Degree/Certificate” received after April 20 is not guaranteed to be listed in the Commencement Program. However, you are still eligible to participate in the Ceremony.
- Deadline to participate in the Commencement Ceremony: Pay fees at the Cashier’s Office (Ho’okipa Building) by Wednesday, May 2. Applications received after May 2 does not guarantee participation in the Ceremony.
Graduation Participation Policy
Congratulations! Graduation is one of the most rewarding experiences in your academic journey. Commencement is held once a year in mid-May at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center. If you obtain your degree at the end of the Fall semester, we encourage you to participate in May Commencement.
To participate in the annual Commencement Ceremony, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- candidates for any Associate Degree must be within nine (9) credits of completing the requirements for the degree.
- candidates for any Certificate must have earned, or be enrolled in, all of the requirements for the certificate.
- candidates must have an official graduation checklist /degree audit (Grad Check) on file with the Records Office by the published deadline.