Student Covid-19 Support: Summer 2020
Most student support services continue to be available online. A limited number of on-campus services are available and require an appointment.
- CDC recommendations for how to protect yourself and others should be followed while visiting any service area on campus.
- For help connecting to a service department, a live chat box is available on the UHMC homepage or call 808-984-3500 for the campus switchboard.
- The UH COVID-19 webpage provides a good overview of up-to-date systemwide policies and resources.
Take Care of Yourself and Others
Personal Support Counseling
- For UHMC students, email counselors Aris Banaag (email@example.com) or Mari Kanemura, LCSW (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 24/7 Crisis Line. Text HOME to 741741 to talk or chat with a live counselor
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- State of Hawaii adult mental health FAQ and referral service
- CDC’s page on coping with stress
Food & Other Essentials
- MEO Rental and Food assistance
- Maui Food Bank Distribution Sites
- Text “FOOD” to 808-877-877 to find the nearest keiki feeding sites
- Goodwill Hawaii offers a variety of domestic and employment support and services
- Contact Ashley Tone, Maui Community Health Coordinator, for personalized assistance with SNAP and other community food and health benefits: (808) 201-3937 ext. 3
Online Learning Support
- Tech support & free software from the UHMC Help Desk. Online help or call 808-984-3283.
- Browse the library’s Equipment Catalog to borrow a laptop, tablet or peripheral.
- Book a tech tutor for Zoom coaching or getting the most out of classroom technology.
Manage Your Studies
- UH Online – Learning during an emergency. UH tools, tips and help for online learning
- Contact The Learning Center (TLC) if you need help navigating online learning, managing distractions, overcoming procrastination habits, problem-solving obstacles, or interested in trying new ways of studying.
- Check the Peer Tutor Summer schedule to determine if there’s a tutor assigned to your class. These student tutors are knowledgeable guides available to help you navigate a variety of classroom and campus experiences and challenges.
- Math Lab – Online and In-person (Relocated to TLC L-O2).
- Chat live with a librarian or book an appointment: Librarians provide research assistance, professional support for academic success and integrity, and a wide variety of referral services including connecting you to campus and community resources.
- Places to study on campus: Study spaces on campus are available by appointment-only. Click the link to the corresponding building for info and appointment bookings:
- Print, Scan, Fax+ – one of the many front door services available from the library. Upload your print request using the Front Door Services Scheduler.
More COVID-19 Student Support Resources
- Academic Advising – Get guidance and updates on classes, pathways, transfers, and career exploration.
- Financial Aid – ask about emergency relief funding and other types of financial aid opportunities.
- Student Life, Campus Clubs & Volunteering – Contact Student Life Coordinator Al Paschoal (email@example.com) for updates on online clubs, events, and college engagement activities. Visit your mobile device app store to download the UH Maui app to keep campus connected.
UH Maui College Help Desk:
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am-4:30pm
Call us: 808-984-3283
Email Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
UH System Help Desk Phone and Email Support:
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Open during all Holidays
Please call our operator and she can help you find the support you need: 808-984-3500
Online Learning Quicklinks & Recommendations
Online Research Guides & Support. Includes online chat.
UH System Learning During and Emergency Page