Revolution Slider Error: Slider with alias slider3 not found.
Maybe you mean: 'international' or 'culn' or 'communityhealth' or 'slider1' or 'advisory' or 'Forms'
Current High School Student 2016-11-21T10:00:42+00:00

I’m a current High School student.

University of Hawaiʻi Maui College offers current high school students the opportunity to take classes through Early Admission or the Running Start program.

Running Start

Public high school juniors and seniors can get a head start on college by enrolling in the Running Start Program, which allows students to attend college classes while earning both high school and college credits.

If you’re interested in Running Start, talk to your high school counselor today. Scholarships are available for eligible low-income students.

To apply for Running Start, you will need to first complete the online application form. Once you have submitted the online form, you will need to print out the form and obtain signatures from:

  • Your Parent or Guardian
  • Your School Principal
  • Your Counselor

When you have collected all the signatures, please submit the printed application form to your high school counselor.

Early Admission

Early Admission program provides college educational opportunities for students under the age of 18.

1. Contact your high school counselor about the program, eligibility requirements, and procedures.

2. Discuss the program with your parents.

3. Submit a UH Maui College application

Apply to UH Maui College online!

Applying is easy and takes only a few minutes.

4. Complete an Application for Early Admission

  • Download PDF
  • Obtain a hard copy from our Admissions and Records Office, Hoʻokipa Building
  • Be sure to obtain required documents indicated on the form.

5. Take the Placement Tests

  • The COMPASS Placement Tests are computer-based assessments of your ability in different subjects. It helps place you in English and math courses in which you are most likely to succeed. You can take the tests for free at The Learning Center on campus. Learn more.

6. Complete Admissions Health Requirements

7. Submit all documents to your high school counselor, who will then submit them to our Admissions and Records Office.