Active Duty Military, Military Dependent, Veteran, Hawaii-Based National Guard
1. Contact the Admissions & Records office (Ho’okipa Building) at (808)984-3267 for specific, individualized help. Veterans should call our Registrar, directly at (808) 984-3517.
2. Submit an application
3. Receive your Decision Letter
You’ll receive a letter that informs you if your application has been accepted or denied. If accepted, the letter will also include important information on your first steps to enrolling.
4. Sign up for a UH account
This account is needed to register for classes, establishes your “hawaii.edu” email account and for is used for many other transactions.
Go to: MyUH portal
– Click on “Get a User Name” on the upper left to establish your account.
– Follow the directions on the web pages to get your user name and password.
5. Determine if you need to take the Placement Tests
The COMPASS Placement Tests are computer-based assessments of your ability in different subjects. It helps place you in English and math courses in which you are most likely to succeed. Details on COMPASS.
6. Attend the New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (NSO) is mandatory for all recent high school grads. Transfer and returning students are welcomed and encouraged to attend! Come prepared for 4 hours of fun and useful information!
7. Check out and apply for Financial aid.
8. Visit a counselor for Academic advising.
9. Prepare for Registration
- Placement Tests and the Test Center
- Health Clearance Requirements
- Registering for classes
- Finding classes
- Attending classes
- Paying tuition and fees
- Buying books
- Transfer credits to UHMC
- Transfer credits from UHMC
If you have any questions, please give us a call at (808) 984-3267 or toll free at (800) 479-6692 or stop by the Admissions & Records office (Ho’okipa Building)