- Click desired printer client (Business Lab, Library, or TLC) on the UHMC Computing Services Software Downloads page [ http://maui.hawaii.edu/computing/downloads/ ].
- Click "Run" button on the "File Download - Security Warning" window [time will be 1 to 2 minutes to download and install].
- After a brief download period, click "Run" button again [you can trust publishers of software on UHMC's site].
- Click "Accept" button in next window that is presented.
- Click "Install" button in the next window [time it takes to install depends on your laptop (15 to 45 seconds).
- Click "Finish" button in last window [the printer has been installed, but not set as the default printer].
Printing from Your Laptop
If you regularly use your laptop and wish to print in more than one location, repeat the installation for printers in the other desired locations.
Since installation of the printer does not set it as your default printer, you should not use the icon of the printer on the window tool bar because it directs printing to your default printer. Instead, you should select "Print" from the File pulldown menu (upper lefthand corner of window) which will enable you to select the Name of the printer which you wish to use. (See Procedure below.)
- Click File pulldown menu (upper lefthand corner) to print the contents of the window.
- Click Print.
- The first item in the Print window is "Name"; click the arrow after Name to select the desired printer.
- After selecting the "Print range" and number of "Copies," on the Print window, click the "OK" button.
- After entering your number for Pharos printing, go to print station, swipe your card through the card reader, and select your document for printing.