The work we do at the UH Maui College is vital. It is important we maintain a brand that captures the impact of our leadership, teaching, innovation and service with various platforms and events. We shall maintain a “look” and a narrative that is consistent with our identity and message. This is an objective of the college’s Marketing Team, in line with a communications plan to increase our visibility in the community.
Find useful resources here to promote your event.
- 8/31/2017: LOOKING FOR MODELS – If you or you know students who won’t be too shy in front of the camera, please email a selfie to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information. That’s the ONLY criteria we are looking for – must be willing to be photographed and sign a release form. This is an on-going effort for various projects. This is currently on a voluntary-basis, but compensation and perks are being discussed for selected models. This is a great way to show your support for the college!
- 8/31/2017: JOIN THE MAUI FAIR COMMITTEE – Each year, UH Maui College presents a showcase of its programs at the Maui Fair. This year’s theme is “Celebrating the Greatest Things in Life.” Interested in volunteering for the Maui Fair Committee? The Marketing Office will lead this year’s planning. Email Kit at email@example.com.
REQUEST FOR PUBLICITY
Press releases and blogs are effective to get publicity for your event. Start by submitting this FORM.
Use this form to request for publicity for your UH Maui College-sponsored event. The Marketing Office, when appropriate and in consideration of time and resources, will provide publicity in addition to your efforts. All submissions are reviewed and approved before the work begins. The office will help “get the word out” if the request meets all of the following:
- Is the event associated with a UH Maui College program?
- Is the event being run by UH Maui College employees or current students?
Depending on the event, the Marketing Office will make a recommendation what’s best for your event.
UHMC NEWS: EMAIL BLAST TO STUDENTS
The UHMC News is a regularly scheduled email blast to the study body. If your group or program has an announcement you would like to submit to be included in the email blast, please submit your material to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following schedule:
- Every 13th of the month – deadline for e-blast on the 15th
- Every 28th of the month – deadline for e-blast on the 30th
*This schedule is subject to change, depending on the announcements submitted and deadlines involved.
Student organizations are encouraged to do their own publicity for their events.
SUBMIT YOUR EVENT TO THE CAMPUS CALENDAR
The UH Maui College campus-wide calendar on the right sidebar of this page can also be viewed here.
- 1. Create your event in your own google calendar.
- 2. Invite email@example.com to your event.
- 3. Save!
Do you have interesting material you want to share on the college’s social media accounts? Submit your photo and caption to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be reviewed, and appropriate ones will be considered/scheduled for posting.
The college’s official social media accounts are:
• UH Maui College
Are you managing a UH Maui College social media account? Register your account to be listed here by emailing email@example.com the links and the manager’s name and contact information.
- • The UH Maui College Social Media Policy is drafted – coming soon.
- • University of Hawaii Community Colleges Policy (UHCCP #2.211 Social Media Site and/or Account Use and Management)
• Model Release Form – If you would like to submit professional photos to the Marketing Office for college consideration, the subjects in the photo must provide permission by filling out this form. Submit the form to Kit Zulueta, Marketing Director, located in the Financial Aid Office or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Photos submitted for social media use won’t need a release form, but please be considerate of others and their privacy)
• Submit a graphic design request to the UHMC IT & MEDIA Helpdesk: