I’m a Military, Dependent or Veteran applicant

/I’m a Military, Dependent or Veteran applicant
I’m a Military, Dependent or Veteran applicant 2017-08-04T08:48:09+00:00

Active Duty Military, Military Dependent, Veteran, Hawaii-Based National Guard

1. Contact the Admissions & Records office (Ho’okipa Building) at (808)984-3267 for specific, individualized help. Veterans should call our Registrar, directly at (808) 984-3517.

2. Submit an application

3. Receive your Decision Letter

You’ll receive a letter that informs you if your application has been accepted or denied. If accepted, the letter will also include important information on your first steps to enrolling.

4. Sign up for a UH account

This account is needed to register for classes, establishes your “hawaii.edu” email account and for is used for many other transactions.
Go to: MyUH portal
– Click on “Get a User Name” on the upper left to establish your account.
– Follow the directions on the web pages to get your user name and password.

5. Determine if you need to take the Placement Tests

Placement testing, along with an academic advisor, is used to place students in appropriate English and Math courses.

You must take the English & Math Accuplacer placement tests if you

  • Do not meet one of the alternate placement measures. (link here to the Alternate Placement Factors document.)
  • Are degree seeking (classified student).
  • Are Non-degree seeking (unclassified) student taking 8 or more credits
  • Are an early admit student.

Accuplacer testing is available at The Learning Center on a walk-in basis during open hours. (maui.hawaii.edu/tlc) Please bring your Student ID number and a picture ID with you to testing. Calculators are NOT permitted.

6. Attend the New Student Orientation

New Student Orientation (NSO) is mandatory for all recent high school grads. Transfer and returning students are welcomed and encouraged to attend! Come prepared for 4 hours of fun and useful information!

7. Check out and apply for Financial aid.

8. Visit a counselor for Academic advising.

9. Prepare for Registration

Details on

If you have any questions, please give us a call at (808) 984-3267 or toll free at (800) 479-6692 or stop by the Admissions & Records office (Ho’okipa Building)
for help.