Did you know that Room 104 in the Kupa’a Building has more pianos than anywhere else on Maui?
It’s the ideal place to learn to play piano in a group setting. It’s social, dynamic, and fun! That’s why musicians join rock bands, chamber ensembles, or orchestras.
Experience what it’s like to play the piano in a FREE one-hour workshop. Here’s what we learned in the last two workshops:
March 21st, 2013: five piano students assisted eight members of the Inspired Teaching Committee (faculty and staff) to play all 88 keys on the piano
- the chromatic scale using just three fingers
- block and broken triads by crossing hands over each other
- pentatonic improvisation to create a massive sound field
- introduction to Black Eyed Peas’ I Gotta Feeling
Next two workshops:
- Tuesday April 22nd, 2014 from 2 to 3 PM celebrate Earth Day Jam — learn to play Iz’s “Over the Rainbow” and other finger ballet. After the workshop, there’s a break with snacks. You can stay and listen to live performances of current piano students as they prepare for their final recital.
- Wednesday May 7th, 2014 piano concert from 5 to 6:30 pm. Piano ensemble workshop from 7 to 8 pm, with ensemble performances.
Participating in these workshops will give you an idea what it’s like to play the piano. And then you can decide to register for additional workshops and courses later.
- Noncredit courses – 3 x 2 hour evening workshops through Edventure August 19, 20, 21, 2014
- For credit courses – 16 weeks x 2 credits Fall 2014 offered M&W 9-10:15 AM; M&W 10:30 – 11:45 AM; Tues 6-8:45 PM; Wed 6-8:45 PM.