Saturday April 18 to April 25, 2015
Once again, we invite you to UH Maui College to celebrate a week of music around Earth Day. All events and classes are free and open to the public. Please revisit for updated links.
FREE CLASSES AND EVENTS IN UHMC Kupa’a 104, Ka’a’ike 111, Ka Lama 103, and the Learning Center
Art exhibit in Kupa’a 104 from Maui Open Studios Feb 22, 2015 art and music improvisation event.
Monday April 20th Kupa’a 104
- 9 a.m. Piano Workshop – Anne Ku
- 10:30 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. Piano, Beginning Voice and Intermediate Voice classes – Guest artists: Jimi Canha and Gilbert Emata
- 6 p.m. Music in World Cultures
Tuesday April 21st Kupa’a 104
- 9 a.m. WI-MUS106 Lecture: Romantic opera and music drama
- 10:30 a.m. History of Rock-n-Roll – What’s With Music Today?
- Noon: Music in World Cultures
- 1:30 p.m. Music in World Cultures: Art songs of Latin America – guest Anne Shapiro
- 4:30 – 7:30 p.m. Art and Business of Music: panel discussion on evolving business models in the music industry and short presentations of combined artistic visions and business plans under development by students in the class
Wednesday April 22nd EARTH DAY** Kupa’a 104
- 9 a.m. Earth Day Jam (piano, ukulele, other instruments)
- 10:30 a.m. Piano Recital
- Noon Beginning Voice Class
- 1:30 p.m. Intermediate Voice Class
- 3 p.m. Piano Masterclass at The Learning Center (TLC) (note location)
- 6 p.m.Earth Day Jam
Thursday April 23rd Kupa’a 104 (Film premiere in Ka Lama 103)