Did you know that Room 104 in the Kupa’a Building has more pianos than anywhere else on Maui?
It’s the ideal place to learn to play piano in a group setting. It’s social, dynamic, and fun! That’s why musicians join rock bands, chamber ensembles, or orchestras.
Experience what it’s like to play the piano in a FREE one-hour workshop. Here’s what we learned in the last two workshops:
March 21st, 2013: five piano students assisted eight members of the Inspired Teaching Committee (faculty and staff) to play all 88 keys on the piano
- the chromatic scale using just three fingers
- block and broken triads by crossing hands over each other
- pentatonic improvisation to create a massive sound field
- introduction to Black Eyed Peas’ I Gotta Feeling
Next two workshops:
- Tuesday April 22nd, 2014 from 2 to 3 PM celebrate Earth Day Jam — learn to play Iz’s “Over the Rainbow” and other finger ballet. After the workshop, there’s a break with snacks. You can stay and listen to live performances of current piano students as they prepare for their final recital.
- Wednesday May 7th, 2014 piano concert from 5 to 6:30 pm. Piano ensemble workshop from 7 […]