OCEANIA is a dynamic organization bringing together those interested in the study and stewardship of the world of water—both salt and fresh.
OCEANIA is the Marine Science Section of the Hawai’i Science Teachers Association (HaSTA) and a regional chapter of the National Marine Eduators Association (NMEA.)
OCEANIA provides a valuable focus for marine and aquatic studies and includes professionals in science, business, government, museums, aquariums, marine research, and education.
The goals of OCEANIA are to
- share information about marine and aquatic issues in the Pacific region;
- provide opportunities to share educational experiences and expertise;
- encourage professional growth by offering quality workshops, conferences, field experiences, and in-service opportunities;
- encourage stewardship of our unique islands peoples, cultures, and resources;
- and support and promote marine and aquatic research
Please Join Us!
Application for membership in OCEANIA