Student Lounge Information
The Student Lounge is a comfortable area open to students for gathering, studying, and relaxing between classes. The lounge is currently equipped with furniture, vending machines, microwaves, TV’s, game equiptment. The Student Lounge may also be used to host student events such as open stage, live entertainment, movie nights, and other departmental events. Please be considerate when events are in the Lounge.
Location: Pilina Building, 2nd floor
Hours of Operation 2016-2017 School Year:
- Monday-Fridays 7:30 am – 9:45 pm. Doors locked promptly at 10 pm
- Saturdays- 7:00 am-4:45 pm. Doors locked promptly at 5 pm
- Sundays Closed
- Holidays and Election Days Closed
- Be respectful of others and lounge area and items.
- Comply with Student Lounge instructions and requests.
- Be courteous during events and refrain from any activity that is disruptive to the event (e.g. video games, loud music, loud conversations, etc.).
- Clean up after yourself, including the appliances that are used in the lounge.
- Students are responsible for their own personal items.
- Vaulting, standing, or jumping on furniture is prohibited.
- If furniture is moved, the furniture must be LIFTED and not dragged across the floor.
- Furniture MUST be returned to their original location after use. Please use the Student Lounge Layout Plan.
- Do not place your feet, shoes, or slippers on any furniture, tables, or chairs.
- Tobacco, vapor cigarettes, any smoking devices, alcohol, drugs, and gambling of any kind is prohibited.
- Student Lounge patrons must comply with the UH Maui College Student Conduct Code.
The Student Conduct Code Procedures will be referenced and adhered to for all student violations:
- All logistics for the event must be made independently by the requesting group or advisor.
- This includes media equipment, chairs, tables, etc.
- To request for equipment/furnishing for your event, you must submit a work order. Work orders are not guaranteed and are based on availability. We suggest you submit them at least one month before your event.
- To submit a request relating to furnishings including moving chairs, stages, tables, etc. Please place order Here. (Please note, only you your club advisor may submit this work order)
- To submit a request related to media equipment including speakers, screen, projectors, etc. you may visit Here. (Student and advisors may submit this work order).
- For all events in the Student Lounge, our campus security MUST be notified. Please contact our security chief, Chuck Tsang at email@example.com with details of your event.
- If furniture is moved for your event, it MUST be returned to its original location. Please refer to the layout Below
- We suggest you download and print out the layout to view after your event.
- Please note that failure to do so will result in the inability to reserve the Student Lounge for future events.
- There are also printed layouts posted in the lounge for reference.
- Please clean up after your event and replace furniture, etc. If your events creates lots of trash or finishes after lounge hours, trash must be taken out to the dumpsters.
- All decorations, including tape, fasteners, ETC. that are used to hold the decorations must be taken down after the event.