Learn how to build it – more sustainably.
The Construction Technology program at UH Maui College offers students hands-on training in general building construction, and the opportunity to explore a wide range of specialties ranging from carpentry, drafting, welding and masonry to architectural engineering and CAD technology. Students are also introduced to requirements for Green Building certification, including waste stream management and sustainable resources.
Apply Now for Fall 2016!
Interested in hands-on learning through classes like Introduction to Building Maintenance (MAIN 20), Plumbing I (MAIN 50), Basic Carpentry Skills (CARP 20), or Electrical Wiring (ELEC 23)? It’s easy to apply! Get started here.
Degrees that Can Be Earned
Certificate of Competence (CO)
Certificate of Competence (CO) in Sustainable Technology (Available Fall 2016)
Certificate of Achievement (CA)
Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
*Program length depends on student placement and credit load.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the Construction Technology Program, the student should be able to:
- Use and maintain appropriate materials, tools, equipment, and procedures to carry out tasks performed on construction projects according to safety and industry standards.
- Use math, computer, and oral and written communication skills to solve construction project problems.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of construction and maintenance projects.
- Describe industry standard Green Building practices in construction and maintenance projects.
- Read and interpret blueprints, and/or schematics, and specifications to plan projects.
- Demonstrate the craftsmanship standards of dependability, punctuality, and quality.
- Examine and use proper mechanical, electrical, and carpentry codes and standards applicable to construction and repair.