COMPASS Placement Testing
COMPASS® – Computer-Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System is a comprehensive software package developed to help post-secondary institutions place students into appropriate course levels. It is divided into two areas: English, with a Reading section and Writing section, and Math. A printable version of COMPASS information is available.
COMPASS Placement Testing is administered at The Learning Center during our regular hours of operation. On average, the test takes from 1 – 2 hours.
Please bring the following items with you to take the placement test:
- Government Issued Photo Identification. ie drivers license, passort, high school identification card, state-issued identification, military identification.
- University of Hawaii Student Identification Number (UH ID Number). if you do not have an UH ID Number, please use this form to obtain one.
The Learning Center does provide calculators, and pencil and paper for the MATH section.
For Out-of-State COMPASS Testing
For accepted Out-of-State students, your UH ID Number will be listed on your acceptance letter.
For out-of-state students intending to enroll at UH MC, please do the following to schedule a COMPASS Placement test:
- Locate and contact an ACT test center in your area. You may go to the following link to locate a site. http://www.act.org/compass/sites/index.html
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org the following information so a COMPASS registration number can be set up:
First Name Middle Initial Last NameUH Banner Number
Date of Birth
Mailing Address: Street, City, State, Zip
Location and address of Remote Testing Site
- After we receive this information, you will receive an email confirmation with your registration number, and you can report to the ACT testing center as arranged.