The Academic Year
During the school year, students are offered:
- Monthly academic, cultural, and recreational activities on Saturdays
- Weekly school visits to update students on activities, provide advising, and check on academic progress
- Tutoring (on site and/or as needed)
- Career exploration
- College exploration and planning
- Assistance completing college applications and applying for financial aid
- Personal and academic advising
- Educational Workshops on: study skills, test taking, college planning, career exploration, financial literacy, affording college, financial aid, writing personal essays, and more!
Upward Bound staff wants to ensure you meet your goal of attending college and care for your well-being. Staff is always open to listen, support, and assist in many additional ways to meet each student’s individual needs.