Western Undergraduate Exchange Program
The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is a program of the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Awards are available to entering freshmen and eligible transfer students. Priority consideration is provided if the eligibility requirements are met and you are admitted by February 1st. Students are encouraged to apply for admission to UHMC as early as possible.
Through WUE, students in western states may enroll at UH Maui College at a discounted tuition of 150 percent of the institution’s regular resident tuition.
How much could you save with WUE?
|WUE rate (Resident x 150%):||$4770|
Programs Eligible for the WUE Rate
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) Degree in Applied Business and Information Technology (ABIT)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Engineering Technology (ENGT)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) in Sustainable Science Management (SSM)
- Associate in Arts (AA) in Hawaiian Studies
- Associate of Science (AS) in Electronic and Computer Engineering Technology (ECET)
- Associate of Science (AS) in Hospitality and Tourism (HOST)
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) in Culinary Arts (CULN)
You must be a resident of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Washington State, or the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands. Your family’s domicile (home) must be maintained as your permanent address throughout the duration of your participation in the WUE program.
- Freshmen applications must have a 3.0 cumulative grade-point-average over four years in high school.
- Transfer applicants must have a 2.8 cumulative grade-point-average with a minimum 24 college transferable credits in order to qualify.
- GPA’s will be calculated using all colleges previously attended.
Only undergraduate students, and those who have not already earned a baccalaureate degree, qualify.
WUE is awarded only once at the time of admission and will remain in effect for the duration of the student’s academic career at UH Maui College. Non-WUE students who enroll as non-residents will not qualify for WUE status in later terms. Awards may not be available to all students who meet the criteria.
Hawaii residency cannot be established under the WUE program. Students changing their residency will be reclassified to non-resident. Students are only able to apply for Hawaii residency 12 months after cessation of WUE. Further information on residency regulations available here.
WUE Program Application
Official transcripts from High School and or College/University must be sent to admissions and records along with the Application for Admissions and WUE application. WUE eligibility can’t be determined without the official transcripts. If you have already submitted an Admissions application, simply submit this form as soon as possible.
UH ID or SSN _____________________________
Declaration of Major: I intend to pursue one of the following eligible programs:
___________ Applied Business & Information Technology
___________ Electronic Computer Engineering Technology or Engineering Technology
___________ Sustainable Science Management
(By entering your last name on the line above, you agree that it is the same as your signature.)
I have read the above and understand the eligibility and restrictions of the WUE program.
You can download the UHMC WUE Application here.
Mail or Fax to: Steve Kameda (firstname.lastname@example.org), Admissions Office – Registrar, University of Hawaii Maui College, 310 W. Ka’ahumanu Avenue, Kahului, HI 96732-1617, Fax (808) 984-3872.