Programs Eligible for the WUE Rate
You must pursue one of the following programs eligible for the WUE rate:
- Bachelor’s in Applied Business and Information Technology
- Bachelor’s in Engineering Technology
- Bachelor’s in Sustainable Science Management
- Associate’s in Accounting
- Associate’s in Administration of Justice
- Associate’s in Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Associate’s in Business Administration
- Associate’s in Business Technology
- Associate’s in Construction Technology
- Associate’s in Creative Media
- Associate’s in Culinary Arts
- Associate’s in Electronic and Computer Engineering Technology
- Associate’s in Fashion Technology
- Associate’s in Hawaiian Studies
- Associate’s in Hospitality and Tourism
- Associate’s in Human Services
You must be a resident of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Oregon, Utah, Wyoming, Washington State, or the Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands. Your family’s domicile (home) must be maintained as your permanent address throughout the duration of your participation in the WUE program.
- Freshmen applications must have a 3.0 cumulative grade-point-average over four years in high school.
- Transfer applicants must have a 2.8 cumulative grade-point-average with a minimum 24 college transferable credits in order to qualify.
- GPA will be calculated using all colleges previously attended.
- Only undergraduate students and those who have not already earned a baccalaureate degree can qualify for WUE.
- WUE is awarded only once at the time of admission and will remain in effect for the duration of the student’s academic career at UH Maui College
- Non-WUE students who enroll as non-residents will not qualify for WUE status in later terms. Awards may not be available to all students who meet the criteria.
- WUE students must be enrolled in courses relevant to their degree requirements and must be enrolled full-time, in at least 12 credits each semester
- WUE students must meet with an academic advisor before registering for courses.
- Hawaii residency cannot be established under the WUE program. Students changing their residency will be reclassified to non-resident. Students are only able to apply for Hawaii residency 12 months after cessation of WUE