Graduating from college is a major life achievement. Career planning is a lifelong process that starts before you get to campus and continues while you are in college and beyond. Our goal is to provide you with lifelong tools and skills for professional development, job search success and career satisfaction. Learn what you can do each year in college to enhance your employability and jumpstart your career.
Career Counseling guides you through a decision making process so that you can:
- Identify occupations that fit your personality, skills, interests, values and learning styles.
- Explore career options.
- Research occupational fields.
- Devise a strategy to develop your career.
- Choose a college major.
- Explore colleges and programs.
- Find/transfer to colleges that are in line with your degree goals.
- Research labor markets and treads.
Empower yourself to explore, define and realize your career goals by:
- Scheduling an individual counseling appointment
- Finding out how your interests are related to what kinds of careers you might want to explore: Career Interest Profiler
To schedule a Career Counseling appointment, call (808) 984-3306.
College Transfer Counseling
You may be able to continue your education in Maui through the University Center or at another University of Hawaii campus. Other options may include transferring to a college that is part of the Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE). Finding the right program and school is just the beginning. There are applications, admission requirements and transcript reviews.
Planning ahead will allow you to define a clear and detailed list of requirements for future degrees. With careful planning you can complete courses at UHMC that eventually transfer and fulfill requirements at another academic institution.