Follow the Checklist
Aloha & Congratulations!
Early College (Dual Credit, Running Start) student: please call (808) 984-3267 or 1 (800) 479-6692 toll-free.
International students: please visit our International Student Admissions or contact email@example.com or call +1 (808) 984-3267.
1. Setup or reactivate your MyUH Account
Create or reactivate your UH username. In your acceptance notification, you should take note of your UH ID Number (ex: 23254658). Your UH username will be your email address like so: [username]@hawaii.edu.
2. Health Clearance
- Certificate of TB (Tuberculosis) examination,
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella), and
- Varicella (chickenpox), and
- Tdap (tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis)
3. Where do I submit?
Step One: Register
- Ensure you have been admitted and have a UH Student ID number and have created your UH username before completing this process. Click here if you need to create your UH Username. You can find your UH ID number in your acceptance email.
- Then go to Med+Proctor to register for an account.
Step Two: Gather your documents
- If you have your health clearance records, you may upload that to Med+Proctor. Or if documentation is not available, you may download the UH Health Clearance Form and have a licensed medical provider complete the form. (A licensed provider can sign the form; it does not have to be the provider who originally vaccinated you.)
Step Three: Upload
- Once you've collected all the necessary documents and or your form has been completed and signed by a healthcare provider, log back into your account and upload it to Med+Proctor. (If you have proof of immunization from a pharmacy, you may upload those and Med+Proctor will be able to verify this information.)
Questions and Support
- If you have difficulty using MedProctor, you may contact MedProctor between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Central Time, Monday through Friday. You may also reach a representative by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. MedProctor also offers LiveChat services Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CST.
For more information or questions, please contact
- Health Clearance information: Website
- Admissions & Records Office: (808) 984-3267
- Health Center: Website | (808) 984-3493 | email@example.com
3. Review Payment Options
Use Financial AidApply for financial aid (FAFSA). The page includes forms to apply for Free Application For Federal Students Aid or FAFSA, and other requirements (UH Maui College FAFSA code is: 001615). Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college. There are several types of financial aid, including grants and scholarships, work-study, and loans. Financial aid awards may include a combination of the various types of aid. Contact UHMC Financial Aid for more information.
Enroll in Tuition Payment Plan
Pay part or all of your tuition and fees in scheduled installments by enrolling in the UH Installment Payment Plan. Students must be registered for the current semester to sign up for the payment plan. $30 application fee per semester (non-refundable) Can be combined with financial aid, loans or scholarships if applicable. For further questions, please consult with the Financial Aid Office.
Enroll in Veterans Benefits
Please visit the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Services website How to apply for the GI Bill and related Benefits. For questions, please contact Admissions & Records at (808) 984-3267 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay by Credit Card Online
ACH “check” payment is available through MyUH Services account.
Apply for Scholarships
Want to talk to a live person?
Filling out the FAFSA
Searching for scholarships
and much more!
4. Take the Career & Education Planning Assessment
First, let’s find out what you’re interested in that can help guide you with what classes to take. Take the FOCUS 2 Career & Education Planning Assessment.
5. Take the UHMC Online Readiness Quiz
6. Class Registration
Academic counseling appointments are available in-person, by video or by phone. If you haven't met or don't know who your academic counselor is, no worries, here is your list of friendly counselors by program major. The Counseling office is open during the regular business days and hours: Monday through Friday 8 AM to 4:30 PM, excluding holidays in the Hoʻokipa Building.Molokaʻi, Hāna & Lānaʻi students: Please contact Susan Nartatez at email@example.com or phone (808) 984-3801 for more information.
Things to Consider Before Meeting with Academic Counselor
Math and English placement
Students with non-UH credits
Ways to book a meeting with Academic Counselor
|STAR BALANCE To schedule a phone or Zoom appointment please access your STAR Balance. Sign in with your UH username and password. (For assistance, see this short video tutorial)|
|EMAIL If you are interested in a phone or Zoom counseling meeting, but are having trouble scheduling an appointment via STAR Balance or need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. One of our awesome peer navigators will assist you further.|
|Call the UHMC Counseling at (808) 984-3306. One of our awesome peer navigators will assist you further!|
7. Attend Welcome Day Event
Kick off the new semester at our Student Welcome event. At our Student Welcome, students experience combination of the following: meeting and connecting with new
people, explore and articulate your education and/or career purpose and goals, and getting a feel for new environment. If you're new to UH Maui, we're thrilled to welcome you and join you as you embark on your new journey. Continuing and returning students, we are happy you are staying enrolled and working toward your goals!
All registered UHMC students are welcome to attend the UH Maui College's Welcome Day event!
(Attendance is Required for new and transfer students)
Molokaʻi & Lānaʻi students: Please contact Susan Nartatez at email@example.com or phone (808) 553-4490 (ext. 3) for more information.
Questions? Connect with EOC and Student Peer Navigators!
Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
- Identifying Financial Aid Options
- Filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- College Transfers
- Career Exploration
- Resume Building and More!
Connect with Student Peer Navigators!
- What is my UH username or email?
- What is the registration process like overall?
- How do I register for classes
- How can I waitlist a class
- What classes do I need or should be taking next semester?
Let's Stay Connected
|Calendar of important dates including registration, tuition payments, holidays and significant deadlines.|
E nīnau mai / Ask us a question
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions. We're happy to assist you!
Moloka'i Education Center
Website | (808) 553-4490
Lāna'i Education Center
Hāna Education Center