Submit Health Clearance Forms (Also See STEP 11)
- Documents for MMR immunizations must be in English or easily read. TB Clearance needs to be from a M.D. in the U.S. or Hawaiʻi BEFORE you can register.
- Health Clearance Form [PDF]
- Health Clearance Information
- Students must have documented proof of health insurance coverage
Submit a Copy of Your High School Transcripts or Diploma
Students are responsible to obtain official translation if documents received are not in English.
Demonstrate English Proficiency
International students are required to submit an official TOEFL, IELTS, or Eiken score that meets the UH Maui College’s minimum English proficiency requirement. Scores must be less than two years old and must be sent directly to UH Maui College.
The following tests and minimum scores are accepted as measures of English language proficiency at UHMC:
Exception: International students whose primary and secondary education took place in Australia, Canada (English-speaking provinces), the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand or the U.S. are exempt from this requirement. Students born in one of these countries and educated elsewhere are still required to satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
How do I send my scores to UH Maui College?
What if I didn’t earn the grades/marks the campuses require for English proficiency?
International students who do not have the TOEFL or IELTS score to enter UH Maui College’s credit classes can begin their studies at the Maui Language Institute (MLI).
- Previous ESL coursework, even when taken in the U.S. or an English speaking country, do not satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
- Applicants who have not met the minimum English proficiency requirement by the application deadline or who have not taken one of the English proficiency exams by the exam deadline will not be considered for UH Maui College admission.
- Plan ahead. English proficiency exam test dates and locations are limited and fill quickly.
- Use your legal name. If there are any differences in the name on your exam report and your UH Maui College application, please notify the UHMC Admissions & Records Office by email at email@example.com. Attach a scanned copy of your exam report.
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, and Eiken exam scores are valid for two years from the date of the original exam. If your scores are more than two years old, you will need to take a new exam to be considered for admission.
- Conditional admission may be offered to academically qualified Maui Language Institute (MLI) students who have an insufficient score on the IELTS, TOEFL, or Eiken specified by the admission requirements.
For Transfer Students only (From Other U.S. Institution)
If you are currently attending another college in the United States, submit the Verification of Enrollment [PDF] to the International Student Office at your school. Once the form is complete, please have the college send the form directly to UH Maui College.
If you would like to initiate an evaluation of the credits you previously earned to see if they are transferable to UH Maui College, please request for an official copy of your transcript and course descriptions to be mailed directly to:
UH Maui College
Admissions and Records Office
310 W. Kaʻahumanu Avenue
Kahului, HI 96732
To be considered official, the transcript has to be sent directly to UH Maui College from the institution in which the courses were taken. Hand carried transcripts are not acceptable, even if the envelope has not been opened.
Students who have not demonstrated good academic standing at their previous school will not be accepted.
If you have earned college credit at an accredited college or university in the U.S., visit our Transfer Student website for more information.
AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED (acceptance letter will be mailed):
Apply for Your Student Visa
Once accepted, UH Maui College will mail your form I-20 which is the document you will need to apply for your F-1 student visa. Check with your local Embassy or Consulate for more information.
Pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee
Get A UH Username
Detailed directions will be sent to you in your acceptance letter. This account allows you to register for classes online, check grades, pay online, and much more!
Take a Local Tuberculosis Test (TB)
Hawaiʻi State Board of Health requires all international students to take a TB test here on the island shortly after arrival. Students should plan to arrive in Hawaiʻi in enough time to take the test and receive results prior to the start of the semester.
Once you have been accepted to the college, you will need to determine if you need to take an Accuplacer Placement test. All new students that do not meet the alternate placement options need to take the Accuplacer Placement Test to determine current levels of English and Math skills. The test should be taken before registering for courses.
You must take the English & Math Accuplacer placement tests if you:
Student Orientation (First-Year Students ONLY)
All first year students are required to attend orientation. Please contact UHMC First-Year Experience (FYE) at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the FYE website for more informaiton.
Meet with Academic Counselor and Register for Classes
Once the TB ( step 11) has been cleared locally and the placement test (step 12) is complete, students should meet with an academic counselor for course registration. The academic counselor can assist you by reviewing previous courses taken (if applicable) and determining which courses are needed to complete your program requirements. All students are required to meet with an academic counselor.
Pay Your Tuition and Fees by the Posted Deadline
After you have registered for classes, tuition can be paid online through MyUH Portal using a credit card or in person at the Business Office (Hoʻokipa Building, Kahului Campus) using cash, check, debit card, or credit card.
For more information on payments, please visit Payment Procedures and Options.
Purchase Your Books and Supplies
Take a copy of your class schedule to the UH Maui College Bookstore (located on the ground floor of the Pilina Building on the UH Maui College Kahului Campus) to purchase your textbooks. For bookstore hours, check the website or contact at (808) 984 -3248.