Table of Contents
Translate this page:
The Culinary Arts career-ladder program is based on three levels of competencies offered in two specialty areas: Culinary Arts and Baking. Our mission is to teach in a nurturing student-centered environment. Our charge is to prepare our students for success in life and career by providing them the foundational skills of our profession. We hope to inspire our students to celebrate the diversity of food and cultures throughout the world and elevate their knowledge and appreciation of culinary arts.
The competency-based instruction focuses on skills, knowledge, and attitudes needed for success in the hospitality industry. The student handbook outlines lab requirements for the program including basic hand tools, knives, safety shoes, books, appropriate uniforms, and compliance with culinary personal hygiene code requirements.
The Associate of Applied Science with specializations in Culinary Arts and Baking are accredited by the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission (ACFEFAC).
Program InformationLength of Program: 2 Years
Degrees and Certificates offered:
- Associate of Applied Arts (AAS)
- Culinary Arts Specialization - 67 Credits
- Baking & Pastry Specialization - 77 Credits
- Certificate of Achievement (CA)
- Culinary Arts - 31 Credits
- Certificate of Competence (CO)
- Culinary Arts - 19 Credits
- Pastry Cook - 20 Credits
- Graduation Rates (2017-2020 source ARPD)
- Graduate Placement Rates (source ARPD Click on workforce tab)
- Culinary Program’s AAS in Culinary Arts is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of American Culinary Federation Education Foundation with an expiration date: 6/30/24
- Culinary Program’s AAS in Baking and Pastry is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of American Culinary Federation Education Foundation with an expiration date: 6/30/24
Overall cost of program
- Two Year Culinary Arts Degree at resident tuition rate: $8,810.50
- Two Year Baking Degree: 10,125.00
- Books: $1,600.00
- Uniforms, Knives, and Supplies: $500
Program Outcomes & Success Measures
The Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts is a 72-credit program. The data below refers to the completion of the program within 150% of the program length as measured in credits (within 3 years).
Take The Next Step
Request more information about this program or contact:
Craig Omori, Program Coordinator, Chef InstructorUH Maui College Culinary Arts Program
Phone: 808 386 1149
Careers / Employment
- Career Outlook: Graduates have obtained positions at the following places of employment: Mill House, Taverna, Fairmont Kealani, Four Season Maui, Humble Market Kitchen, Tin Roof (entrepreneur), Lineage, Roys, Haliimaile General Store, Monkeypod...to name a few.
- Potential Salary: Hawaii Industry Sectors Link
- UHCC Annual Report of Program Data