Table of Contents
Translate this page:
Dental Hygiene Program’s Goals and Student Achievement Outcomes
A-Facilitate the development of entry-level care providers who demonstrate an understanding of dental hygiene roles including the legal, professional, and ethical responsibilities within the community.
B– Demonstrate basic theoretical knowledge and skills in biological science, dental radiology, chair side dental hygiene, and business office procedures to support dental hygiene practice and build the foundation for an associate degree in the dental hygiene program.
C- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning and advancing competency over a lifetime of practice.
In addition, we will also be guided by UH Maui College’s vision, mission, core values, and set of core competencies: critical thinking, creativity, oral and written communication, information literacy and quantitative reasoning.
The University of Hawaiʻi Maui College inspires students to develop knowledge and skills in pursuit of academic, career, and personal goals in a supportive educational environment that emphasizes community engagement, lifelong learning, sustainable living, Native Hawaiian culture, and global understanding.
UH Maui College: We will prepare students to respond to emerging challenges in their lives, communities, and the world through compassion, leadership, problem-solving, and innovation.
The faculty and staff of UH Maui College aspire to embody the following Core Values through their work serving the educational needs of students:
- Aloha – Affection, compassion, sympathy, kindness, grace, charity; to show kindness, mercy, charity.
- Kuleana – Right, privilege, concern, responsibility, title, business, property, estate, portion, jurisdiction, authority, liability, interest, claim, ownership; reason, cause, function, justification.
- Lōkahi – Unity, agreement, accord, unison, harmony; agreed, in unity.
- Mālama – To take care of, tend, attend, care for, preserve, protect, beware, save, maintain: care, preservation, support, loyalty: custodian, care taker, keeper.
- Manaʻolana – Hope, confidence, expectation; to hope.
- Pono – Goodness, uprightness, morality, moral qualities, ethical, correct or proper procedures, excellence, well-being, prosperity, welfare, benefit, behalf, equity, sake, true condition or nature, duty; moral, fitting, proper, righteous, right, just, virtuous, fair, beneficial, correct; should, ought, necessary.