The University of Hawai‘I Maui College (UHMC) recognizes courses completed at other regionally accredited colleges and universities. Transcripts are evaluated by the transcript evaluator upon acceptance to a degree program at UHMC and upon receipt of the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form (also available at the Admissions and Records Office) and Official Transcripts from previous institutions. Course descriptions, course outlines, and additional information may be necessary and requested of the student to aid further review of the student’s transcripts and for clarification purposes.
All transcript evaluation inquiries should be directed to the Admissions & Records Office (firstname.lastname@example.org or (808)984-2267).
Helpful YouTube video showing the transcript evaluation process:
TRANSCRIPT EVALUATION INFORMATION
1. What documentation is required for transcript evaluation?
- Your official transcript(s) from previous institutions which may include any AP, CLEP, or IB official score transcripts
- The signed transfer credit evaluation request form
2. Where do I send my transcripts and transfer credit evaluation request form? What is considered official?
Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the originating institution to UH Maui College. Hand-carried transcripts, faxed copies and those stamped “Issued to Student” will not be accepted. All transcripts and transcript evaluation request forms should be delivered directly to the Admissions & Records Office or directly mailed to:
UH Maui College Admissions & Records Office
310 W. Ka’ahumanu Ave
Kahului, HI 96732-1617
Some institutions use an online delivery method or use National Student Clearinghouse to deliver transcripts to other schools. If your previous institution utilizes online delivery methods, please contact our office at 808-984-3267 for further instructions. If you are seeking evaluation on international transcripts, the transcripts must be translated into English language. Please contact our office at 808-984-3267 for further instruction and information on international transcript evaluation. Only transcripts coming from educational institutions accredited by the following regional accrediting organizations will be considered for evaluation:
- Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools—Commission on Higher Education
- Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges—Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges—Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges—Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities
Transfer Credit Evaluation request forms (not transcripts) may also be faxed to (808) 984-3872 Attn: Admissions & Records Office or emailed to email@example.com
3. How long does it take before transcript evaluations are posted? Will I be notified?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing. Once the transcript evaluation is complete, an email notification will be sent to yourhawaii.edu email address. You can view your transferred credits via your MyUH Portal. Log onto http://myuh.hawaii.edu and click on STAR Degree Check.Any discrepancies should be reported to the Admissions & Records Office and discussed with an Academic Counselor.
4. What if I have questions regarding the completed transcript evaluation and/or transcript evaluation process? Who do I contact?
Please contact the Admissions & Records Office at 808-984-3267 and ask to speak with the transcript evaluator. You may also email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Transferability and Applicability of Courses
UH Maui College comprehensively evaluates all transfer credits to ensure a student’s smooth transition into the College. All courses previously evaluated by the UH System (UH Hilo, UH Manoa, UH West Oahu and/or all UH System CC campuses) are subject to review and will be transferred over to applicable requirements. Decisions concerning the acceptance of credits by an institution other than the granting institution are made at the sole discretion of the receiving institution. No representation is made concerning the transferability of any credits to any institution. Students considering continuing their education at or transferring to other institutions must not assume that credits earned will be accepted at the receiving institution. Students should meet with their academic advisor to determine the applicability of their transfer courses to their program of study.
UH MAUI COLLEGE ARTICULATION AGREEMENTS
PROGRAM ARTICULATION AGREEMENTS
Culinary Arts Program, Hawai‘i CC, Kap‘iolani CC, Kaua‘i CC, Leeward CC, UH Maui College (Feb 2012)
Education (BEd), UH Manoa
AS (Human Services, Early Childhood Specialization), UH Maui College (May 2010)
Statewide Nursing Curriculum – BS in Nursing, UH Manoa, Maui CC, Kapi‘iolani CC and Kaua‘i CC (Jan. 2012)
Nursing (BSN), UH Hilo, Hawai‘i CC, Kapi‘olani CC, Kaua‘i CC and Maui CC (Oct. 2010)
DEGREE PATHWAY AGREEMENTS (Dual Admission and Dual Enrollment)
UH Manoa and UH Maui College (May 2015)
DEGREE PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM – Oregon State University
OSU Degree Partnership Program