Transfer Credit

Transfer Credits

Contact the Admissions & Records Office


Call: 808-984-3267

Call Toll-Free: 800-479-6692

Fax: 808-984-3872

Mailing Address:

Admissions & Records, University of Hawaiʻi Maui College, 310 W. Kaʻahumanu Ave, Kahului, HI 96732

Walk-In Hours:

Hoʻokipa Building

Mon - Friday: 8:30am - 3:30pm

Closed on weekends and state holidays


Flora Mora


Georgette Tanaka – Admissions, VA, International

Tressy Aheong – Records, Transcripts

Transcript Evaluation

The University of Hawai‘i Maui College (UHMC) recognizes courses completed at other regionally accredited colleges and universities. Transcripts are evaluated by the transcript evaluator upon acceptance to a degree program at UHMC and upon receipt of the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form AND Official Transcript(s) from previous institutions. Course descriptions, course outlines, and additional information may be necessary and requested of the student to aid further review of the student’s transcripts and for clarification purposes.

All transcript evaluation inquiries should be directed to the Admissions & Records Office by email at or by phone at 808-984-3267.


1. What documentation is required for transcript evaluation?

There are two to three things that are needed. Please note that we will not start processing your request until both items are in.

      1. Your official transcript(s) from previous institutions which may include any of the following:

      • UH & UH Community College campuses do not require official transcripts (or any copies of transcripts).
      • Non-UH college National Institutions: See your prior college's website on how to request these.
      • International Institutions: See your prior college's website on how to request these.
          • International Transcripts must be either originally in English, or translated by an reputable 3rd party organization.
      • AP Services Transcripts:
      • CLEP Transcript Service:
      • Military Services: Joint Service Transcripts:

      2. The online transfer credit evaluation request form.

      3. For International Transcripts, we also require that you provide official course descriptions and/or syllabi (in English) for each course you want considered for transfer credit.


2. Where do I send my transcripts and transfer credit evaluation request form? What is considered official?

Transfer Credit Evaluation Forms are ONLY online, physical copies of forms are not accepted so we ask that you follow the link to submit the form that should take around 5 minutes to fill. Mahalo.

Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the originating institution to UH Maui College. Hand-carried transcripts, faxed copies, emailed copies from the student and those stamped "Issued to Student" will not be accepted. Please note "official transcripts" lose their "official" status if handled by the student. All transcripts and transcript evaluation request forms should be either emailed from your prior institution to or mailed from your prior institution to:

UH Maui College Admissions & Records Office
310 W. Ka’ahumanu Ave
Kahului, HI 96732-1617

Many institutions use an online delivery method such as National Student Clearinghouse to deliver e-transcripts to other schools. UHMC accepts e-transcripts through National Student Clearinghouse or other official e-delivery methods. If your previous institution utilizes online delivery methods for transcripts, please send the transcripts to

If you are seeking an evaluation of international transcripts, the transcripts must be translated into the English language; however for International Institution transcripts, please reach out to to verify the accreditation of your previous institution before requesting official transcripts and/or translations.

For college institutions in the United States, only transcripts coming from educational institutions accredited by the following regional accrediting organizations will be considered for evaluation:

  • Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools---Commission on Higher Education
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges & Universities
  • North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges---Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges---Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges---Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities


3. How long does it take before transcript evaluations are posted? Will I be notified?

Please allow up to 3 months for processing since our busy season comes in waves. For a better idea of how long your request will take please refer to the following:

          February - May, three to five weeks

          June - September, two to three months

          October - November, four to six weeks

          December - January, five to eight weeks

Please note we need both your official transcript and a credit transfer request form to be filled before we can process your request. Additionally, please allot an extra two weeks processing time for non-traditional transcripts such as international institutions, military and/or police academy transcripts.

Once the transcript evaluation is complete, an email notification will be sent to your email address. You may view your transfer credits by logging into your STAR account ( then clicking on the Transcripts tab and selecting the "campus transfer transcripts by institution" button. 

4. What if I have questions regarding the completed transcript evaluation and/or transcript evaluation process? Who do I contact?

The preferred method is to email your questions to so our team of 5+ folks are able to answer your questions at the soonest possible time. Additionally you can contact the Admissions & Records Office at 808-984-3267 and ask to speak with the transcript evaluator. 

Additionally if there are any courses listed as "non-applicable courses" or "courses not yet classified" in your academic essentials STAR degree progress that you believe should be eligible to fulfill certain degree requirements, please contact your academic advisor to confirm eligibility and they are able to move articulated classes in your Star Academic Essentials.

5. Transferability and Applicability of Courses

UH Maui College comprehensively evaluates transfer credits to ensure a student's smooth transition into the College. All courses previously evaluated by the UH System (UH Hilo, UH Manoa, UH West Oahu and/or all UH System CC campuses) are subject to review and will be transferred over to applicable requirements. Decisions concerning the acceptance of credits by an institution other than the granting institution are made at the sole discretion of the receiving institution. No representation is made concerning the transferability of any credits to any institution. Students considering continuing their education at or transferring to other institutions must not assume that credits earned will be accepted at the receiving institution. Students should meet with their academic advisor to determine the applicability of their transfer courses to their program of study.



Transfer Credit Evaluation Policy


Culinary Arts Program, Hawai‘i CC, Kap‘iolani CC, Kaua‘i CC, Leeward CC, UH Maui College (Feb 2012) Education (BEd), UH Manoa AS (Human Services, Early Childhood Specialization), UH Maui College (May 2010) Nursing Statewide Nursing Curriculum - BS in Nursing, UH Manoa, Maui CC, Kapi‘iolani CC and Kaua‘i CC (Jan. 2012) Nursing (BSN), UH Hilo, Hawai‘i CC, Kapi‘olani CC, Kaua‘i CC and Maui CC (Oct. 2010)

DEGREE PATHWAY AGREEMENTS (Dual Admission and Dual Enrollment)

UH Manoa and UH Maui College (May 2015)


OSU Degree Partnership Program