Transferring Credits to Another College
See also, Transferring credits to University of Hawaii Maui College

Transfer to Four-Year Institutions

Four-year colleges and universities have different lower division requirements, which change frequently. Students should select Maui College courses according to their intended major at the four-year institution where they plan to transfer. Students are responsible for identifying the specific requirements of the institution and program to which they plan to transfer. Students are encouraged to consult a counselor.

College catalogs are published once per year or less frequently and do not always reflect the most recent campus actions involving core courses.

Articulated A.A. Degree
Students who have earned an articulated Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree from a University of Hawai‘i Community College shall be accepted as having fulfilled the general education core requirements at all other University of Hawai‘i campuses. While an articulated A.A. degree satisfies general education core requirements, students must also complete all specialized lower-division, major, college, and degree/graduation requirements.

Additional campus-specific requirements, such as competency in a foreign language or writing-intensive courses, may also be required. With planning, most if not all of those requirements may be incorporated into the A.A. degree; if not, they are required in addition to the A.A. degree.

As requirements will differ among the colleges in the University of Hawai‘i system, each student should be guided by the most current information and consult Maui College counselors for assistance.

Transfer to UH-Hilo, UH-Manoa, or UH-West Oahu
Before transferring to the University of Hawai‘i at Hilo, Manoa, or West Oahu, students should plan their Maui College academic program according to requirements of their intended major at the receiving institution. Students who intend to transfer are urged to verify Maui College course selections with a counselor for equivalency at the receiving institution before each semester’s registration.

Core Courses
College catalogs, published once per year or less frequently, do not always reflect the most recent campus actions involving UH system core courses. For more current information about core courses, students should check with a counselor, or check the

UH System Course Transfer Database

Transcript Request Form