Upward Bound students go to college after high school and work towards earning a bachelor’s degree. All services encourage academic, intellectual, social, and personal growth to help students meet this objective.
The program can be separated into two components: the academic-year program and the summer-year program. Detailed descriptions of activities/services can be viewed by clicking on each component. Overall, the program provides students:
- Academic enrichment courses in core and extracurricular subjects
- Educational workshops on study skills, test taking, career exploration, college selection, writing personal essays, and much more
- Engaging activities, field trips, and recreation to promote personal growth, challenge, social development, and critical thinking
- Cultural activities
- Academic and personal advising
- Assistance completing college applications and applying for financial aid
- College exploration tours
- Summer bridge program (enrollment in college courses for seniors)
- Work Study/Job Shadow opportunities
- And much, much more!