CNA+ to PN Bridge Program
Check out the new UHMC hybrid program designed especially for working Certified Nurse Aides and other healthcare professionals who want to become licensed practical nurses! Through a partnership with Hale Makua, ʻOhana Pacific Health, and Kaiser, eligible Maui and Oʻahu, healthcare professionals have an opportunity to become Practical Nurses (PN) while they are working. If your goal is to work as a PN, this program offers you that pathway! PN graduates are prepared to work under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician in hospitals, extended care facilities, private nursing agencies, home health agencies, clinics, and physician offices.
- Applications will be accepted starting September 1st, 2023
- Deadline to apply is October 15th, 2023 at 4pm HST
- If you have questions about the application, please call the UHMC Counseling Office at 808.984.3306
What are the courses and time required?
|Fall 2023||Spring 2024||Summer 2024||Fall 2024|
|English 22 or Eng 100 (3)||Nurs 110 T (4)||Nurs 115T (2)||Nurs 120 T (2)|
|Math 75X or Math 100 (3-4)||NURS 110 L (3)||NURS 115 L (2)||NURS 120 L (3)|
|Biology 100 (3)||Nurs 110 C (3)||Nurs 115C (2)||NURS 120 C (4)|
|PHRM 203 (3)||NURS 111 (2)||NURS 121T (1)|
|PSY 100 (3)||NURS 121L (2)|
|15-16 credits||12 credits||6 credits||12 credits|
|NURS 110T||4||1 hour live zoom, 3 hours pre-recorded lectures per week|
|NURS 110L||3||1 hour live zoom, 3 hours online modules per week|
|NURS 100C||3||1 prep day (3 hours) and 2 clinical days (6 hours) according to clinical schedule.|
|NURS 111||2||Fully online|
Complete these steps before Fall 2023
1. Application to University of Hawaii Maui CollegeApply to University of Hawaii Maui College
2. Complete English 22/100 & Math 75x or higher.Take the Math and English Placement Tests at home.
Create an account at ED READY
Take English Path 1 and Math Path 1
Register to take the English and Math you tested into.