DIRECT LOAN PROCESS
If you have previously received a Federal Direct Loan at UH Maui College, follow the instructions below:
Log on to www.studentloans.gov to make sure that you have completed a Master Promissory note and Entrance counseling for UH Maui College. If both requirements are completed there is no further action you need to take.
If this is your first time receiving a Federal Direct Loan at UH Maui College, follow the instructions below:
After you have accepted your loans through your UH portal you must wait ONE WEEK before you complete the Stafford Entrance Exam and Master Promissory Note (MPN) process below.
**NOTE: If you are a freshman student and a first-time borrower, you are not eligible for your loan until 30 days into the semester, at which time we may ask you to verify your attendance in your classes.
COMPLETING THE ENTRANCE COUNSELING AND MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE
You will need your verified FSA ID (FAFSA Username & Password). If you do not have a FSA ID, click Create an FSA ID to apply for one.
1. Go to www.studentloans.gov
2. Click the Log In button
3. Enter your information on the sign in screen and click Log In
4. Once you are on the Welcome screen, click the appropriate link to perform:
- Complete Counseling
- Complete Master Promissory Note (MPN)
5. Follow the instructions on the Complete Counseling screen for Entrance Counseling
6. Follow the instructions on the Complete Master Promissory Note screen
Your loan funds will be received by the school approximately 2 weeks after you have completed the online Entrance Exam and Master Promissory Note. If you are a freshman student and first-time borrower, you are not eligible for your loan until 30 days into the semester