Educational Opportunity Center
310 W. Kaahumanu Avenue, Hookipa Bui Kahului, HI 96732
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*Excluding state holidays
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) is a federally-funded TRiO grant that offers free services to eligible students that are seeking post-secondary education and/or career exploration. The EOC is located at the University of Hawai’i Maui College campus in the Ho’okipa building. We also have an office on the island of Moloka’i at the Moloka’i Education Center.
Some of the free services that we offer include:
- Assistance with college admissions applications (to any school nationwide)
- Assistance with filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and other financial resources such as grants and scholarships
- Career exploration
- Cover letter and/or resume building
- And more!
We are still open and are going to continue to support the community to the best of our ability in this great time of uncertainty. To schedule an appointment with one of our advisors, please call (808) 984-3286, or you may email us at EOC@hawaii.edu. We offer both in-person and virtual appointments. If you are located on the island of Moloka’i, you may also call (808) 984-3804.
We look forward to assisting you to accomplish your academic and/or career goals!
The EOC Team
Educational Opportunity Center is a TRIO program funded by a five-year $2.199 million grant from the U.S. Department of Education. SEC.402D Higher Education Act of 1965 SEC. 402D.20 U.S.C. 1070A-14.
1. Find out if you are eligible!
You are eligible if you are:
- A U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- A Maui County adult or college-ready high school senior
- Not currently enrolled in college
- Do not have a bachelor’s degree
- Are a veteran, active duty military, or the spouse or child (under 26) of an active duty military service person regardless of any of the previous requirements.
2. Are you ready?
You are ready for college if you:
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Can spend at least 10 hours a week studying
- Willing to make a financial plan including but not limited to applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Ready to seek academic guidance to ensure your success!
3. Make an appointment today!
On Maui, please call (808) 984-3286 or send us an email at EOC@hawaii.edu
- Or drop by our office in the Ho’okipa Building
- Download and complete the EOC Request for Services form: EOC Adult Application
On Molokaʻi / Lanaʻi Call (808) 984-3804
- Or drop by The Molokaʻi Education Center.
Be sure to complete all the questions. If you are under 24 years of age, unmarried, not working on a master’s or professional degree, don’t have children or other dependents that you support, a veteran or active duty military, you will also need to include your parents taxable information and their signature. Submit application in person at the EOC Office or by mail.