Step 2 – Get Ready To Enroll
You must take the English & Match COMPASS placement tests if you are a:
- Degree-seeking (Classified) student
- Non-degree seeking (Unclassified) student taking 8 or more credits
- Registering for a class with a COMPASS prerequisite.
- Early Admit student.
COMPASS testing is available at The Learning Center on a walk-in basis, or you can call (808) 984-3240 to find a testing center near you. You’ll need your Student ID number and a picture ID. Calculators are permitted.
If you’ve taken the SAT or ACT test and received the minimum scores below, you may submit your official test results to Admissions for consideration instead of taking the COMPASS test.
- SAT-Verbal score of >=510—allow student to enroll in English 100
- ACT-Verbal score of >= 22—allow student to enroll in English 100
- SAT-Math score of >=510—allow student to enroll in Math 103, 111 and 115
- ACT-Math score of >= 22—allow student to enroll in Math 103, 111, and 115.
If you’ve attended college outside of the University of Hawaiʻi System, you’ll also need to fill out a Transcript Evaluation Form and submit it with your official transcripts from your previous campuses and send to the Admissions Office. Questions? Call our Academic Counseling office at (808) 984-3306 or email email@example.com.
Learn more about transferring credit to or from UH Maui College.
Once you’ve completed your COMPASS placement test, schedule an appointment with a UHMC academic counselor for help with:
- Course selection
- Choosing a major
You can also learn how to use STAR, an online system to:
- Track your credits
- View unofficial transcripts
- View all courses you’ve taken in the UH System
- See how your courses fit your degree path
- Explore other majors, and what classes you would need to take to complete degrees at UH Maui College or other institutions in the UH System.
Log onto STAR.
Information about tuition and payment deadlines can be found:
Pay online through your MyUH portal, in person at the UHMC Cashier’s office, or through a UH Installment Payment Plan (also available through your MyUH Portal).
Have payment questions? Call our Cashier’s Office at (808) 984-3257
Financial Aid recipients should check their MyUH account to make sure their award has been applied and their classes are being held.
Once you’ve received your acceptance letter with your Student ID number, go to myuh.hawaii.edu to set up your MyUH account. This UH portal will serve as your home base where you can:
- Register for classes.
- Add/drop classes.
- Check your registration status, which includes holds, academic standing, and prior credits completed.
- Find payment deadlines and make online credit card payments.
- Check e-mail and your financial aid status.
- View web registration tutorials.
- Access academic services.
- Find your final grade report and transcript.
UHMC’s Financial Aid office will use your UH email address to communicate with you. Check your MyUH account for financial aid updates, including any needed additional documents in your Student Requirements, how to accept your award, or sign up for an e-refund.
To prepare for your advising session with an advisor or counselor, join Maui CARL (Counseling, Advising, Registration, Laulima). For assistance, visit The Learning Center or call (808) 984-3240.
Register for classes online through your MyUH account at the earliest possible date to ensure you get your preferred classes. You can also make an appointment with a counselor to help you register for classes
Learn more about how to register.
UH Maui College offers a wide variety of student support services to help you reach your academic and career goals. From choosing a major, to free tutoring, computer labs, and career guidance and placement, we’re here to help.
Learn more about all the support services for students here, and if you have questions just call us at (808) 984-3500 or send an email.
Purchase or rent required textbooks at the UHMC Bookstore or online at bookstore.hawaii.edu/maui. You will need your Course Registration Number (CRN), available through your MyUH account under “My Class Schedule,” to search for your books.
Questions? Call the UHMC Bookstore at (808) 984-3248 or visit the store on campus.