X-celerating Foodpreneurs of Hawai’i
The Maui Food Innovation Center (MFIC) is a unique first in-state incubator fostering Agribusiness and Foodpreneurs x-celeration and education. Part of the University of Hawai’i Maui College, located in Kahului, Hawai’i, MFIC is helping build a stronger, economically diverse, and sustainable Maui by supporting the value-added food industry. MFIC assists its community by providing technological expertise, innovative training, consultation, a manufacturing facility, and a Resource Hub for new and established food entrepreneurs endeavoring to bring their products to market locally, regionally and nationally.
MFIC GOALS ARE:
- INCREASE profitability via development of new value-added food products.
- REDUCE dependence on imports
- CONTRIBUTE to the sustainability of island-based agriculture.
- CREATE jobs.
- IMPACT revenue for food businesses, Maui County, and the State of Hawai’i.
- CONNECT foodpreneurs with food industry leaders and business experts.
- SERVE community with outstanding service and education.
MFIC delivers innovative educational and technical training courses to support a vibrant value-added food industry and serves a broad array of individuals within the community:
- New and established food entrepreneurs
- Food service business
- UHMC – Culinary, Business, Science students interested in food manufacturing
- Workforce development
- Women, Veteran, and minority-owned food businesses
- Native Hawaiian food business owners