X-celerating Foodpreneurs of Hawai’i
The Maui Food Innovation Center (MFIC) is Hawai’i’s first in-state business incubator which serves to foster and accelerate the growth and education of agribusinesses and food entrepreneurs. As a part of the University of Hawai’i Maui College, MFIC is helping to build a stronger, more economically diverse, and sustainable Maui by supporting the value-added food industry. MFIC assists its community by providing technological expertise, innovative training, industry consultation, a state of the art manufacturing facility, and a Resource Hub for new and established food entrepreneurs endeavoring to bring their products to market locally, regionally, and nationally.
MFIC STRIVES TO…
- INCREASE profitability of Maui’s food industry by supporting the development of new value-added food products.
- REDUCE our islands’ dependence on imports.
- CONTRIBUTE to the sustainability of island-based agriculture.
- CREATE job opportunities.
- IMPACT revenue for food businesses, Maui County, and the State of Hawai’i.
- CONNECT foodpreneurs with local farmers, food industry leaders, and business experts.
- SERVE community with outstanding resources, services, and education.