Placement testing, along with an academic advisor, is used to place students in appropriate English and Math courses.
You must take the English & Math Accuplacer placement tests if you
- Do not meet one of the alternate placement measures. (link here to the Alternate Placement Factors document.)
- Are degree seeking (classified student).
- Are Non-degree seeking (unclassified) student taking 8 or more credits
- Are an early admit student.
Accuplacer testing is available at The Learning Center on a walk-in basis during open hours. (maui.hawaii.edu/tlc) Please bring your Student ID number and a picture ID with you to testing. Calculators are NOT permitted.
If you’ve attended college outside of the University of Hawai’i System and would like to transfer your credits to UH Maui College, you will need to complete a Transcript Evaluation Request Form
and request official transcripts from previous institutions be sent directly to the Admissions and Records Office. Official transcripts must be mailed directly from the originating institution to UH Maui College. Hand-carried transcripts, faxed copies and those stamped “Issued to Student” will not be accepted. Questions? Call our Admissions and Records Office at (808) 984-3267
or email email@example.com
Learn more about transferring credit to or from UH Maui College.
Once you’ve received your acceptance letter with your Student ID number, go to myuh.hawaii.edu to set up your MyUH account. This UH portal will serve as your home base where you can:
- Register for classes.
- Add/drop classes.
- Check your registration status, which includes holds, academic standing, and prior credits completed.
- Find payment deadlines and make online credit card payments.
- Check e-mail and your financial aid status.
- View web registration tutorials.
- Access academic services.
- Find your final grade report and transcript.
The UHMC First Year Experience
(FYE) Office provides first year students with a comprehensive set of programs designed to support their transition to college and foster their academic success. All first year students are required to complete FYE.
For more information visit the FYE webpage. If you have any questions, please contact the First Year Experience Office at 984-3549 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you’ve completed your COMPASS placement test, schedule an appointment with a UHMC academic counselor for help with:
- Course selection
- Choosing a major
You can also learn how to use STAR, an online system to:
- Track your credits
- View unofficial transcripts
- View all courses you’ve taken in the UH System
- See how your courses fit your degree path
- Explore other majors, and what classes you would need to take to complete degrees at UH Maui College or other institutions in the UH System.
Log onto STAR.