Enrollment in the Upward Bound programs is limited to 85 Maui County High School Students who meet the following requirements:
- Student plans to attend college after high school
- Student shows potential to benefit from program as well as demonstrates motivation to continue program throughout high school
- Student must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- Student’s parents or guardians have not received a four-year degree and/or student’s family meets income requirements.*
- Student attends one of the target schools: Baldwin High School, Maui High School, or Molokai High School
Upward Bound Math and Science will enroll an additional 60 participants who meet the above requirements as well as demonstrate an interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM).
Upward Bound Outlying will enroll an additional 60 participants who meet the above requirements as well. However, students must attend one of the following target schools: Hana High School, King Kekaulike High School, Lahainaluna High School, or Lanai High School.
If you have questions regarding eligibility, please call the Upward Bound Office at (808) 984-3564.
*Please note, income levels based on taxable income, not adjusted gross.