Aloha, and welcome to UH Maui College Personal Support Counseling.
Student success is a core value of UH Maui College. To help students meet their educational and career goals, the college offers a variety of programs and services on campus. One of the essential and fundamental services for students is personal support counseling.
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Personal Support Counseling Services will make every effort to provide prompt service. Initial appointments with a counselor are made as soon as possible, usually within a week. Emergencies, of course, are seen immediately.
UHMC’s Personal Support Counseling office is available on the Kahului campus for students interested in short-term, individual, group, or couples counseling and crisis services. We are available for students experiencing emotional, developmental, or psychological concerns, problems in adjusting, and other factors that affect their ability to achieve academic and personal goals. We also offer counseling support to students experiencing crisis involving traumatic events and emotional distress. We provide a safe, confidential setting to allow for individual growth through a positive therapeutic relationship. No cost services to students of UH Maui. Referrals to outside services in the community are provided when necessary.
The primary goals of our Services include but are not limited to
- Crisis Intervention for students
- Short-term counseling after the crisis for 8-10 weeks
- In-service or professional development. For faculty and staff through partnerships and teaming with community
- Classroom presentations and orientation sessions
- Promote positive health and wellness through outreach and prevention
- Provide health and wellness services to a diverse range of students to enhance their lives and promote social, personal, and academic growth
- Consultation to any student, faculty, or staff
Counseling is a process of sharing thoughts and feelings with a professional counselor who is objective and is a good listener. Counselors assist students by discussing new perspectives and approaches to solving a problem by giving needed information and helping to clarify thoughts and feelings, or just through listening.
Aris Banaag, Personal Support Counselor
email@example.com | (808) 984-3278
Office: Ka Lama 278
- For additional information, please visit: http://maui.hawaii.edu/personal-support-helpful-links/
- For additional mental health resources please go to UH Maui College ULifeline Link
In Case of an Emergency
- For immediate emergencies: Call 911
- Maui County Access Line: 1-800-753-6879
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- 24 Hour Sex Assault Hotline: 808-873-8624
- 24 Hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 808-579-9581