Congratulations! You’ve been accepted and we look forward to welcoming you to the UH Maui College family. In order to start taking classes, first you need to REGISTER. Follow the checklist below to get you started.
Tip: If you’re an International or Early College (Dual Credit, Running Start) student, you may have different requirements. In case of doubt, call (808) 984-3267 or 1 (800) 479-6692 toll-free.
Go to www.hawaii.edu/username to create or reactivate your UH username. In your acceptance notification, you should take note of your UH ID Number (Ex: 23254658). Your UH username will be your email address like so: [username]@hawaii.edu.
Your dashboard connects you to services from our 10-campus system across the state. Be careful with your password information!
Go to myuh.hawaii.edu to access online services. Click on “STAR GPS” from your MyUH Services dashboard to review your student record (the login is the same). On the top right of your dashboard, click on your name to view your Student Information, such as name, birth date, address, residency status, program major. Please take note of your “holds” under your Student Information. Holds prevent you from registration.
If your residency classification is nonresident for tuition purposes, please review the Hawaii Residency Requirements and take note of the 6-credit enrollment policy.
Report any discrepancies or questions about holds under your Student Information to Admissions & Records at Ho`okipa Building, call 984-3267 or email email@example.com.
- WALK-IN: UHMC Health Center. Here’s a campus map. (It’s to the right of “CARPEN”) Call (808) 984-3493 for assistance.
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FAX: (808) 242-1578
- WALK-IN: You can also submit your Health Clearance to Admissions & Records at Ho`okipa Building.
Remember: Maui TB Clearance is also available at the following locations:
- Wailuku Health Center
- 121 Mahalani Street, Wailuku, HI 96793
- Contact: (808) 984-2128, (808) 984-8260
- FREE TB skin testing, reading
- Open Tuesdays & Thursdays from 2-4 p.m.
- Lahaina Comprehensive Health Center
- Lahaina Civic Center 1830 Hono’apiilani Hwy. Lahaina, HI 96761
- Contact: (808) 662-4031
- FREE TB skin testing, reading
- Open every first Tuesday or Thursday of the month from 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- See your personal physician
- Visit the State Dept. of Health at 65 Makaena Pl, Kaunakakai, HI 96748 . Contact: (808) 553-7870
- Tests are available Tuesdays from 2 – 4 p.m., result readings on Thursdays from 2 – 4 p.m.
- Return TB and MMR documents to the Students Services/Business Office at the Molokai Education Center
- Lanai Community Health Center
- 333 Sixth Street, Lanai City, HI
- Contact: (808) 565-6919
- Open Mondays and Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Straub Lanai Family Health Center
- 628 7th St B, Lanai City, HI 96763
- Contact: (808) 565-6423
- Open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Public Health Nursing – Lanai
- 628 7th St, Lanai City, HI 96763
- Contact: (808) 565-7114
- Open Monday to Friday from 7:45 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Go to maui.hawaii.edu/financial to apply for financial aid. The page includes forms to apply for Free Application For Federal Students Aid or FAFSA, and other requirements. Scholarships are also available at maui.hawaii.edu/scholarships. Stay on top of your requirements and deadlines to make sure you can take advantage of resources available to you!
Tip: UH Maui College’s FAFSA code is: 001615.
Need to consult with a live person? Visit Financial Aid at Ho’okipa or call (808) 984-3277.
For scholarships, visit the Educational Opportunity Center at Ho’okipa or call (808) 984-3286.
Before meeting with your Counselor, take this career assessment: (link coming soon)
After the test, print and take your results with you when you meet with your Counselor.
Make an appointment with your Counselor to help you register for classes. In addition, your counselor can determine your transcript and placement testing requirements, if any.
Kahului campus students: Call (808) 984-3306 to make an appointment with a Counselor.
Molokai & Lana`i students: Contact Susan Nartatez at email@example.com or by phone (808)553-4490, ext. 3
- Register for classes
- Transfer credits (if applicable)
- Go to maui.hawaii.edu/transfer-credit and complete the TRANSFER EVALUATION REQUEST FORM. If you attended college outside the University of Hawai’i system, request official transcripts from your previous campuses. Students with Advanced Placement (AP) and military credits may receive college credit. Submit your Transfer Evaluation Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at Admissions and Records. Call (808) 984-3267 for assistance.
- Placement testing (if applicable)
- Visit The Learning Center (TLC) to take the test. The Accuplacer Placement Test is given weekdays at TLC. If you already took a placement test, consult with your counselor. Students may use their SAT, ACT, Smarter Balanced, HiSET and GED scores, as well as their High School cumulative GPA and grades for English and Math placement. Call TLC at (808) 984-3240 or visit the “Testing” site.
- Lanai applicants: call (808) 565-7266 to arrange test date and time.
- Molokai applicants: call (808) 553-4490 ext. 1 or view scheduled test dates and times.
Pay to stay, Drop to stop: Students without a payment plan who are unable to pay their tuition & fees, must drop their courses by this date to avoid further financial obligations. Failure to attend classes does not constitute dropping and will result in academic penalties (“F” grade)
Once you’re all set, don’t forget to visit the UHMC Bookstore to start shopping for your supplies and UHMC swag!
Go to maui.hawaii.edu/fye to sign-up. If you’re a transfer student, you’re welcome to attend this event as well. At your welcome event, meet your classmates, college staff and faculty. You will get to learn about various campus resources and peer mentors will be ready to answer your questions. And that’s it and you’re all set.
Molokai students: Sign-up for your welcome event here: (link coming soon)